The Board of Education meetings may be held at such times as the members of the Board agree upon and designate. Regular monthly meetings are now held on the second Monday evening of each month except in March and April when they are sometimes scheduled on the first Monday of the month. Special meetings may be called by the president or a majority of the membership, provided that all members are notified within a reasonable length of time. Notification of meetings and procedures in meetings shall be in keeping with the 1977 Open Meeting Laws for Oklahoma and HB 1276. A majority of the Board membership shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
Board of Education 2012-2013
To see all future agendas click on this link
*All scheduled meetings are held at the Old MHS Building - 200 E. Adams - and begin at 6:30 pm unless otherwise posted
Board Agendas will be posted 24 hours prior to each meeting. Agendas for special meetings will be posted 24 hours prior to the special meeting.
In order to bring about visitor participation so that school patrons and other visitors may fully enjoy the meeting without disturbing the work of the Board, the following guidelines have been approved:
1. It is to be remembered at all times that the School Board is a statutorily constituted body engaged in the transaction of public business. The Board acts in accordance with the authority and responsibility vested in it by law on behalf of citizens not present at the meeting as well as those who are present. The Board may seek advice and suggestions but it may never abdicate its own responsibility to make decisions except as provided in laws relating to referral to the electorate.
2. The Board will not tolerate disruptive, disrespectful or abusive behavior nor will it permit visitor participation in matters irrelevant to the business at hand. The business of the Board must be conducted by the Board and visitors will participate only at the invitation of the Board.
3. Whenever a visitor wishes to present a petition, statement, or other communication to the Board, he/she shall notify the Superintendent or Board President in writing at least five working days prior to the next scheduled Board meeting.
4. The Board does not normally conduct a public hearing in the transaction of each item of its business. When a public hearing is to be held, it will be announced in advance of the meeting and that fact will be noted on the agenda.
5. A Board meeting is not a public forum. Although permission may be given to visitors to ask relevant questions, the Board meeting is not a place to make speeches. Each meeting is scheduled to consider and act upon specific items of business as listed on the agenda. Board members have received in advance and have carefully studied extensive and comprehensive reports and data related to each item of business. Their concentration on these matters should not be distracted.
(Revised 8-8-88; Revised 11-14-05)