Choctaw Nation Summer Youth Project
The purpose for Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) is to increase, for individuals in the United States, particularly those individuals with barriers to employment, access to and opportunities for the employment, education, training and support services the need to succeed in the labor market. Time on the program is limited in accordance with the guidelines. The service delivery area compromises the 10.5 counties within the Choctaw Nation boundaries.
Youth Work Program (Applications accepted January 1st through April 1st)
- Participants ages 16- 21 on or before 1st day of work.
- Participants are permitted to work 5 weeks.
- Participants are provided with basic work skills and good work habits necessary to enter into the job market.
- Placement with employing agencies such as businesses and organizations, both public and non-profit.
- Employment training provided based on participant and service area needed.
- Workman’s compensation insurance provided.
- If required, background and drug screening is paid by the employer.
See this website for more information: Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act
Applications can be obtained through the above website or by clicking on this link: Choctaw Nation WIOA Application